Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer was going to charge me mega bucks to replace clutch I picked it up and replaced myself. Upon filling with oil I noticed my oil drain plug was missing they did not replace or give it back to me. Cant find it oem or aftermarket for my life. Please help its on a 2016 yamaha kodiak eps quad thank you.

Super Moderator
Are you talking about the engine oil drain plug?

If you are the part number is 2MB-E8149-00-00 for the bolt, with the gasket part number of 2MB-E1198-00-00 .

I would actually go down to your dealer and tell him that they were missing, if he doesn't give you the parts then I would find a different dealer.

Registered
My dealer was going to charge me mega bucks to replace clutch I picked it up and replaced myself. Upon filling with oil I noticed my oil drain plug was missing they did not replace or give it back to me. Cant find it oem or aftermarket for my life. Please help its on a 2016 yamaha kodiak eps quad thank you.
I'll be interesting to find out what happened with your clutch that needed replacing? 2016 quad, how many miles?

As an aftermarket option for your drain plug - Gold Plugs they have a good reputation and is a good improvement since it has a magnetic tip to collect metal shavings from your oil.
http://goldplug.com/

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about the engine oil drain plug?

If you are the part number is 2MB-E8149-00-00 for the bolt, with the gasket part number of 2MB-E1198-00-00 .

I would actually go down to your dealer and tell him that they were missing, if he doesn't give you the parts then I would find a different dealer.
Thanks a whole lot greatly appreciated. They told me today they were going to send it. I bought it used low miles it's been a nightmare never dealing with them again.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Upon studying this quad I found out if the splines are not showing when installing clutch it will strip the sheathe splines on clutch. They said the clutch was a performance clutch installed by previous owner. This one was the factory I think someone swapped it and installed wrong. They told me my 30 day warranty was void because I took the cover off to examine what went wrong even though I told them on the phone I was going to inspect the belt. This has been a nightmare they were going to charge me a thousand plus dollars I bought a JBS for 667.00 I'll never go back ever again.

Registered
Are you in the USA? If so I would be calling the Attorney General Office right away and file a complaint against them. Taking off a cover does not void a warranty!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Are you in the USA? If so I would be calling the Attorney General Office right away and file a complaint against them. Taking off a cover does not void a warranty!
Yes I live In Delaware I was really thinking about doing so. They knew I was easy going I know they took advantage of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts