Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I lost my front rack for my diy rad relocate, I was looking at buying a hitch carrier . After looking at the aftermarket ones I decided to make one, I had the squared tubing and half sheet of pressure treated plywood laying around and threw one together . It’s adjustable in height and having it 2 piece will make it easier to store it .

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
1,231 Posts
Looks good.

I have found that it is usually always better if you can make it yourself if you have the ability to do so. I have done a number of projects like this and the nice thing is that you can customize it to how you want it.

I've been thinking of doing a project like this except I really don't want any weight hanging that far back since I do ride is some steep terrine where that weight would be a problem. But for flatter area or where there are no real steep hills it works great.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks jimp , basically a chain saw and a basket with tools in it to put up ladder stands on the lease will be on the extension. The steel I used to build my rad relocate my 2 ammo boxes filled with tools on the front rack and my 3500 lb winch should add some ballast. But yes I’ll have to mind my P’s & Q’s going up hills .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome. Great work. Putting in a gusset might be a good idea too. You shouldn’t need it but I like to over engineer my projects for the times when you use it in an unintended use. Great work though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Killer Job. I have considered something like this aswell. I could put all my lighter items for camping on it.

If you go through some mud. Your tires will probably throw a good bit of mud onto your cargo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have made a front hitch into my 2017 Kodiak 700 eps se I can remove the ball hitch anytime I need to and it comes in hand a lot. Just an idea if your atv is light weighted in the front, put your cargo hitch in the front. Yes Mine is self made and works great for what I use it for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts