Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that some Kodiaks came with the wrong dipstick. Does any one know what the correct length is?

·
Registered
741 Posts
My dealership told me there is a recall on some 16's for the wrong stick. Mine was not affected.Get the dealership to run your vin for open recall if you are concerned. Will measure mine when I get a chance later.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I'll check mine.
I don't trust any dealer. Lets just say that one of them cut my frame with a grinder to install a plow mount. Did I mention that it had 1 mile on the odometer My ATV had the vin # for the decompression spring also witch I know wasn't done but they said they did. Oh don't get me started on that subject.

·
Super Moderator
1,656 Posts
If they cut my frame to install a plow mount I would be all over them and demand a new machine if it only had 1 mine on it, not to mention calling Yamaha directly and letting them know what the dealer is doing.

Reactions: Nomad

·
Registered
741 Posts
If they cut my frame to install a plow mount I would be all over them and demand a new machine if it only had 1 mine on it, not to mention calling Yamaha directly and letting them know what the dealer is doing.
A huge x2!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did get another ATV and got the camo at no extra charge. The sad thing is that they didn't tell me about it. I had to find it for my self. Never trust a dealer.
The problem is they pay these kid to work on ATVs min. wage and that is the kind of work you get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts