Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've tryed looking it up but I cant find anywhere can someone please list all the differences between the 2021 kodiak 700 base model to the eps model and also the eps se model thank you.

Super Moderator
With a base model that is what you get. No frills or fancy equipment. The only rock protection you get is the plastic skid plate but no A arm guards, a basic trailer hitch where you can bolt a ball into.

As you go up in trim you get more. The EPS will have the electric power steering, A arm guards, possibly a receiver type hitch, instrument cluster with a speedometer and a few other doodads. SE comes with fancier rims and a few other non essential items over the EPS.

You should be able to go down to a dealer and get a brochure or pull them up on line and look at the differences.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
With a base model that is what you get. No frills or fancy equipment. The only rock protection you get is the plastic skid plate but no A arm guards, a basic trailer hitch where you can bolt a ball into.

As you go up in trim you get more. The EPS will have the electric power steering, A arm guards, possibly a receiver type hitch, instrument cluster with a speedometer and a few other doodads. SE comes with fancier rims and a few other non essential items over the EPS.

You should be able to go down to a dealer and get a brochure or pull them up on line and look at the differences.
Thanks man I appreciate the help I just wasnt able to find it online at all do you know what the other few differences are between the eps and the se model are that you didnt already mention?

Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27鈥 Reptiles, 1鈥 wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
Don鈥檛 forget dif lock - doesn鈥檛 the base leave that off?

Super Moderator
Yep, the base doesn't have the diff lock or the push button 4x4 switch, it seams like a member here also didn't get the diff lock or electric push button 4x4 on the EPS either on the newer machines

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Registered
I strongly recommend the EPS model. You get adjust spring tension on the shocks, powersteering ( witch is amazing) , full digital information displayed ( fuel gauge, speedo, trip, odometer, hour meter, volt meter, coolant temp, 4wd indicator etc...), plastic skid plates, third handle bar mounted light, and a lockable front differential over the base models...

I believe this model comes with the 2" received as well but I'm not 100% sure

Reactions: john zane

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I strongly recommend the EPS model. You get adjust spring tension on the shocks, powersteering ( witch is amazing) , full digital information displayed ( fuel gauge, speedo, trip, odometer, hour meter, volt meter, coolant temp, 4wd indicator etc...), plastic skid plates, third handle bar mounted light, and a lockable front differential.

I believe this model comes with the 2" received as well but I'm not 100% sure
If you dont mind explaining what is the adjustable spring tension on the shocks do?

Registered
If you dont mind explaining what is the adjustable spring tension on the shocks do?
You can adjust the spring pre load by turning a collar. So you can add or remove spring tension to your liking.

For example, if your towing a heavy trailer, or have a passager you can compensate for the rear suspension sag back tightening up the spring pressure. Of if you have a plow on the front, you can stiffen up the front shocks to help compensate for the plows weight....

Others keep their spring tension maxed out because it does help maintain maximum ground clearance

I actually backed of my spring tension front and rear to minimum as my area is full of rocks and a smoother ride was my priority

Base models to not have these adjustments on their shocks.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
You can adjust the spring pre load by turning a collar. So you can add or remove spring tension on the shocks...

For example, if your towing a heavy trailer, or have a passager you can compensate for the rear suspension sag back tightening up the spring pressure. Of if you have a plow on the front, you can stiffen up the front shocks to help compensate for the plows weight....

Others keep their spring tension maxed out because it does help maintain maximum ground clearance

I actually backed of my spring tension front and rear to minimum as my area is full of rocks and a smoother ride was my priority

Base models to not have these adjustments on their shocks
That was a great explanation thank you very much

Super Moderator
One thing is that if you can get a good enough deal on a base model all the parts from the higher end machines fit right onto the base model except for the electronics such as the instrument cluster, and power steering. I haven't found any of the parts not to be a bolt on switch.

You can add a diff lock from 501 Parts and as things wear out you can replace them with the higher end parts. If a receiver hitch is a priority then it can be bought separate and installed.

Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27鈥 Reptiles, 1鈥 wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
I would also recommend EPS or SE. I have taken a hit on a rock that split a 6-ply tire wide open. But the power steering kept it from transferring back to my wrist. I suspect it would have been a painful ride out without power steering.

Registered
The EPS model does have the 2" hitch receiver and the front diff lock. The diff lock was difficult to identify because Yamaha's website had two different descriptions. One said that it had it but another said that it had the lever action 4wd and no diff lock like the base model.

Registered
I have an SE that doesnt have difflock, but its a 450 not a 700.

On the 450s there's 2 different kinds of EPS SE. Mine, which is silver and has aluminum wheels.. and a greenish one that im pretty sure also has aluminum wheels but also has the front diff lock AND a winch.

Super Moderator
I have an SE that doesnt have difflock, but its a 450 not a 700.

On the 450s there's 2 different kinds of EPS SE. Mine, which is silver and has aluminum wheels.. and a greenish one that im pretty sure also has aluminum wheels but also has the front diff lock AND a winch.
Irrelevant, the op was talking about the 700

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Registered
Irrelevant, the op was talking about the 700

Not quite. Post #6 mentions a "member here" who has an eps that doesn't have diff lock. For all anyone knows that may of been referencing my machine.. the person who posted doesn't remember the members name, who's to say they didn't also forget what cc machine said member had.

Super Moderator
Not quite. Post #6 mentions a "member here" who has an eps that doesn't have diff lock. For all anyone knows that may of been referencing my machine.. the person who posted doesn't remember the members name, who's to say they didn't also forget what cc machine said member had.
Still pointless. Post 6 was Jim, not the OP. The OP was specifically asking about the 700, no need to mic in info on the 450 and get people confused when come here to look up difference

Registered
Never said post 6 was the o.p.. also pretty sure my specifying that I have a 450 would be enough not to confuse anyone. Perhaps I should of quoted Jim's post.. i was more or less replying to him anyhow.

Eat a snickers bud.

Super Moderator
Never said post 6 was the o.p.. also pretty sure my specifying that I have a 450 would be enough not to confuse anyone. Perhaps I should of quoted Jim's post.. i was more or less replying to him anyhow.

Eat a snickers bud.
Lol funny, I'm at work and I did just eat a Mars bar.... Close enough... Lol I feel much better now.... I'm Sorry

Registered
I ate one too just for good measure lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts