Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I added a Kolpin Matrix rear rack bag, IPT Mud Lite XTR's 26x11x12 on the rear 26x9x12 on the front. I mounted them on ITP SS212's. I also added the fender flares. Next is a winch and then I don't know.

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks good! From the rear view those tires look menacing. You also definitely needed those fender flares. What's the width in the rear now?
I don't know if you've ridden it yet but I'm interested in your opinion on how they feel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks good! From the rear view those tires look menacing. You also definitely needed those fender flares. What's the width in the rear now?
I don't know if you've ridden it yet but I'm interested in your opinion on how they feel.
It is 49" across the back, I have not had a chance to run the new tires yet. I just put them on this evening, but I'm hopeing to get it on the trail this weekend. I'll report back after the first ride for sure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I’ve heard mixed reviews on the that bag. How are you liking it? Zippers holding up?

·
Registered
307 Posts
From what I've seen, the cargo bags seem like they're hard to clean. I'm in the market for a cargo box and I think the Yamaha rear box is going to be the one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is 49" across the back, I have not had a chance to run the new tires yet. I just put them on this evening, but I'm hopeing to get it on the trail this weekend. I'll report back after the first ride for sure.
Ok these tires are seriously good, I got into some good mud and they just flat dig.

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
From what I've seen, the cargo bags seem like they're hard to clean. I'm in the market for a cargo box and I think the Yamaha rear box is going to be the one.

I like the bags because they are more low profile and not so bulky. I wish could find a nice low profile box.

·
Registered
307 Posts
One of the things I like about the Yamaha box is it's low profile. I agree with how bulky most of the boxes out there are. Another reason is the rubber latches. I've read complaints about the latches on other boxes. They're either weak and break or they rattle on the trail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts