Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new 2016 kodiak owner. Bike has about 9 hours on it been having it for 5 months. Rats chewed through the LEAN ANGLE SENSOR coupler wires. My local dealerships warranty doesnt cover rat damage and they wanted $550 just for a new wiring harness... Thiefs. Anyways my buddy whos a mechanic and i reconnected the wires thinking it would do the job... It didnt! Bike still wont start. The feul pump is getting only 2 volts through the power wire to the pump. Which ties in to the angle sensor. The lean angle sensor stops the bike if it tips over. Question is does anyone know how to check for codes on the 2016 base model kodiak without the eps pod. The lean angle sensor is connected correctly so my buddy was thinking its possible a code needs to be cleared to send a signle from angle sensor to pump. That may not be the case but its worth a try. We just dont know how to check it on the new kodiak. Older models used to use a paperclip and watching the light blink. Is it possibly the same on new models

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Check for other places your wires may be damaged in the wire harness, and also for blown fuses. Do you have a Service Manual?It should have troubleshooting procedures for the fuel pump and other electrical components but I didn't hear anything about reading codes on the Kodiak. A wire harness is about $350 to buy, so $550 to have it all installed is not too bad...

Hope you figure it out soon, good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We checked all over and cant spot any other damage. I did some researching yesterday and believe the lean angle sensor should be reading a 4 to be level when connected to meter. We checked it and its reading a 2.6. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I also thought about the harness and getting a new one which if i bring it to shop they will make me buy the new harness before they do any other work. Id just hate to do that and it not fix the issue tgen fork out more money but im gonna check it out till the end of week and if nothing happens ill prob head to the shop and get them to fix it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Get a Service Manual for $60 , money well spent it will save you money and headaches down the road when you work on your quad. As you already know the stealerships are expensive and most of us are doing their own maintenance and repairs when possible.
As for the Lean Angle Sensor, if its bad partshark.com has it for $40... it's worth a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts