Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I install the clamp for the CV boot on a 2016 Kodiak 700? I've tried using some channel lock pliers and that was a no go. I've tried searching for tools for this, but every one I find seems like it's made for a different type of clamp. I'm pretty dissapointed. After watching the video on Partzilla (ordered the boot kit from there also), the video clearly states that these clamps are easy to put on. The inner boot clamps are the kind shown in the video. These clamps are for the outer boot and are the same as the original ones.

If someone can post a link to the specific tool needed to do this, or offer some step by step instructions, I would be extremely grateful!

Automotive tire Tire Coil Bicycle part Coil spring

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bicycle tire

·
Registered
716 Posts
Product Font Auto part Tool Screenshot

So I bought this one that’s for the Oetiker clamps that our quads use, and it worked great for the smaller inner band clamps. But I ruined 2 of the outer large end cv clamps , the banding seems to me to be a bit thick and I just couldn’t get it to stretch enough to clamp and I tore the tabs right out trying to close them.
So I ended up buying stainless steel adjustable crimp clamp cv boot clamp and KNIPEX clamp pliers
I got 12 small and 12 large cv clamps for $20 on amazon vs $9 for the original one from partszilla . So if I have to do another boot I’ll have them. And I’ve had it out on the trails and in deep mud and the Amazon crimp clamp is holding up fine .

Reactions: rancherMike
1 - 3 of 3 Posts