Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought a new 2017 Kodiak 700 EPS SE and a CTEK battery charger model MUS 4.3. I see the charger has 4 settings (2 shown below) and I am not sure which one to use for normal day-to-day charging/maintenance. CTEK setting options:
1. Small Battery (motorcycle icon) 0.8A 14.4 volts up to 14Ah
2. Normal Battery (car icon) 4.3A 14.4 volts 14Ah - 160Ah

Since this battery is an 18Ah battery, should I be using the Normal Battery setting?
Will use of the other settings harm the battery?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello, I bought a new 2017 Kodiak 700 EPS SE and a CTEK battery charger model MUS 4.3. I see the charger has 4 settings (2 shown below) and I am not sure which one to use for normal day-to-day charging/maintenance. CTEK setting options:
1. Small Battery (motorcycle icon) 0.8A 14.4 volts up to 14Ah
2. Normal Battery (car icon) 4.3A 14.4 volts 14Ah - 160Ah

Since this battery is an 18Ah battery, should I be using the Normal Battery setting?
Will use of the other settings harm the battery?

Thanks in advance!
Under normal use the battery doesn't need to be charged daily or regularly. Most folks like myself don't have time to ride but once every few weeks or even longer during winter months and that is when a battery tender or trickle charger is useful to keep the battery charged.
The charger you have seems to be suitable for AGM batteries and maybe it has a "tender" function built in . I suggest the use of the motorcycle setting as a low rate charge is generally better for the longevity of the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats on Ctek, it is one of the best chargers out there, with that being said leave on motorcycle and I leave mine plugged in when not riding< It will keep your lead acid battery in perfect condition and takes it through 8 stage charge that includes conditioning and then trickle to keep at the proper volatge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts