Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start...I know the rules for removing the warning signs that are riveted on the new ATV's now a days but this is one of the things that I hate about the looks of the Kodiak... those ugly warning signs. Well I found some alternatives that make the Kodiak look even cooler. There's a guy on eBay that makes these and will send you everything you need to put them on. Look pretty awesome I think
I kept the warning signs, they are now in my storage space on the Kodiak....just in case

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
I am one of the people who has purchased a few Chinese built machines. When you talk about Warning Stickers, I bought a Chinese Quad that had a poorly translated warning. It said "You will be killed" if you are not careful riding this machine.

I am a careful type so I was very very careful. (I take threats very seriously!)

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
and what are these so called "rules" about removing the warning labels?

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is what the B.C. Off-Road Vehicle Act says....

Regulations — general

30 (1) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations referred to in section 41 of the Interpretation Act.
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), the Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations as follows:

(g) respecting number plates, decals and stickers issued under this Act, including, without limitation, the replacement, transfer and manner of display of the number plates, decals and stickers;

Section 41 of the Interpretation Act.

Powers to make regulations

41 (1) If an enactment provides that the Lieutenant Governor in Council or any other person may make regulations, the enactment must be construed as empowering the Lieutenant Governor in Council or that other person, for the purpose of carrying out the enactment according to its intent, to
(a) make regulations as are considered necessary and advisable, are ancillary to it, and are not inconsistent with it,
(b) provide for administrative and procedural matters for which no express, or only partial, provision has been made,
(c) limit the application of a regulation in time or place or both,
(d) prescribe the amount of a fee authorized by the enactment,
(e) provide, for a regulation made by or with the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council, that its contravention constitutes an offence, and
(f) provide that a person who is guilty of an offence created under paragraph (e) is liable to a penalty not greater than the penalties provided in the Offence Act.
(2) A regulation made under the authority of an enactment has the force of law.

So I'm not a lawyer, but to me it seems like there are no actual regs, but they withhold the right to make one up if they want.

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
This is what the B.C. Off-Road Vehicle Act says....

Regulations — general

30 (1) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations referred to in section 41 of the Interpretation Act.
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), the Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations as follows:

(g) respecting number plates, decals and stickers issued under this Act, including, without limitation, the replacement, transfer and manner of display of the number plates, decals and stickers;

Section 41 of the Interpretation Act.

Powers to make regulations

41 (1) If an enactment provides that the Lieutenant Governor in Council or any other person may make regulations, the enactment must be construed as empowering the Lieutenant Governor in Council or that other person, for the purpose of carrying out the enactment according to its intent, to
(a) make regulations as are considered necessary and advisable, are ancillary to it, and are not inconsistent with it,
(b) provide for administrative and procedural matters for which no express, or only partial, provision has been made,
(c) limit the application of a regulation in time or place or both,
(d) prescribe the amount of a fee authorized by the enactment,
(e) provide, for a regulation made by or with the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council, that its contravention constitutes an offence, and
(f) provide that a person who is guilty of an offence created under paragraph (e) is liable to a penalty not greater than the penalties provided in the Offence Act.
(2) A regulation made under the authority of an enactment has the force of law.

So I'm not a lawyer, but to me it seems like there are no actual regs, but they withhold the right to make one up if they want.

well according to that, it's speaking of licensing and registration stickers and decals, absolutely nothing to do with the warning labels

Reactions: CanimLakeMaxwell

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
I have yet to see a law where you can not remove the warning sticker once you own the wheeler. It is a lot like those pesky tags on pillows and mattresses that say do not remove.

However I do believe that the stickers need to be on it if you sell it to someone. But I could be wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts