Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My Kodiak 400, has a overflow reservoir, for the cooling system, just like on a truck or car. When I go to the parts suppliers, none of them show the reservoir in their parts drawings. They show the reservoir and hoses, but no reservoir. Am I the only one that has an overflow reservoir, on the cooling system?

Super Moderator

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! I only needed a new cap, and I found it! I also found the reservoir, but it was stupidly high. My Kodiak is a 2003, and the tank is still available for it. I would have thought they all used the same tank, but apparently not! What I really need, is for someone to tell me how I am getting my engine oil into the water in the overflow tank!

Super Moderator
The only place that oil could get into the coolant is in the heads or cylinders, and there has to be a crack in either for it do do that.

Usually if there is a crack water will get into the oil until the engine is fired up and then the oil pressure is greater than the coolant pressure so the oil will flow into the coolant/

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
There is zero water in the oil. I am starting to wonder if the goofball I got it from, tried to add oil to the engine, via the overflow reservoir.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
There is a oil seal, behind the mechanical seal, on the water pump. I wonder if the oil could get into the water through that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts