Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Kodiak 700 eps and I have noticed what seems to be coolant leaking from under the valve cover. It?s running down the front of the motor. I was thinking it was oil at first but i believe it to be coolant. I snugged down the 4 valve cover 8 mm bolts to try and synch it down. Has anyone ever had this issue? I also noticed the reservoir was empty but radiator was full. Never had a overheat light or anything.

Super Moderator
If it is leaking from under the valve cover just tightening the covers isn't going to help you, you may have a much larger problem.

If the reservoir was empty odd are the coolant from it is replacing the coolant in the radiator that was lost due to the problem.

You are going to need to get a repair manual that shows the routing of the coolant through the engine, I don't have mine right now. It could be something as simple as a hose clamp but I would find out as soon as possible be fore the overheating light comes on. If it comes on then it may be too late.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wrong about it being coolant. In fact was oil seeping about from under the cover. I cleaned it and tightened the cover down alittle tighter. Coolant level in radiator was good but resivore was empty. I topped it off. Looking from the side of the bike I thought it was coolant but also wonder why coolant would be there so I pulled the cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts