Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Newbie to this site and ATVs.

I have used larger John Deere lawn & garden tractor to plow for the past 30 yrs. I finally decided to upgrade to a new toy.

Picked up a 2018 Kodiak 700 EPS SE yesterday. Bought the Warn Provantage 2500 winch and front mount plow - installing today.

I'll be plowing my driveway in winter and getting firewood in summer. My driveway is 200 yds, relatively flat dirt, with several rocks. I have 17 acres of pine forested hillside (not too steep), with hundreds of standing and down dead trees for firewood needs. Trail riding/hunting will probably be 5% and pretty slow (I'm middle aged and a newbie to ATVs).

Just wanted to introduce myself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where did you buy? I was looking at that unit at either Vickery or Apex. I will also be using mine for the same purposes, but went with a lighter Poly blade plow set up. (Mine is the non SE)

Located in Fraser

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it at Vickery. I saw other 2018 SE models at similar reduced prices in Florence and Grand Jct. I checked with the shop in Greeley and they were willing to beat the price I got, but not by enough to drive 90 min north.

Installed the plow mount/winch this morning. A little challenging getting the front bumper back on, but it's done now. Gonna get the blade & & frame put together this afternoon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got it at Vickery. I saw other 2018 SE models at similar reduced prices in Florence and Grand Jct. I checked with the shop in Greeley and they were willing to beat the price I got, but not by enough to drive 90 min north. .
They seem to be very professional there and I’m sure you got a decent deal (knowing what they quoted me) G-Force offered me a similar price on a 2019, but I was aiming for a non SE model that would keep the price a little lower. I ended up finding what I was looking for, but will possibly work with Vickery for service (or Grand Prix, or possibly G-Force)

Waiting to pick mine up this week sometime.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome from Oregon!

Enjoy your new machine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts