Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day. I ordered a set of Bearclaw HTR in 26-9-12, 26-11-12 and they will go on the stock aluminum wheels that come with the 2016 SE. My question is about clutch weights. What do I need to order to get rid of those 30gr weights the Kodiak comes with so I can turn these heavier tires?

A set of Yamaha weights for a 2016 grizzly and a shim set off eBay?

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could go several different ways. A full EPI kit which will include a stiffer secondary spring, a set of Grizzly weights, (cheapest) a set of Grizzly weights plus a shim behind the primary, (cheapest and gears the bike a bit lower) or you can spend a few bucks and get JBS setup that includes a recut sheave and aftermarket weights. Nice setup if you want the best setup for low end pulling power. The grizzly weights alone would certainly work just fine. The Grizz clutch is basically the same as the Kodiak, as is the engine. 2015 weights are 20 gram, 2016 weights are 18 gram. Take your pick.
http://www.jbsperformance.com/yamaha/clutching/grizzly-700/grizzly-700-extreme-clutch-kit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a set of 18gr weights from the 2016 grizzly from ronayers and a 2mm shim kit from ebay. Will see how that goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts