Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is unlikely that I will make clutch modifications however on aspect of these changes I've not seen routinely addressed is reverse. My Kodiak 700 is quite sensitive to throttle in reverse..I would expect 18 mg weights to also increase sensitivity in reverse..is this a noted problem? Just wanted to understand and stimulate some 'weekend opinion ' Red

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It certainly mite. I haven't experienced or observed the heavier 30 gram Kodi weights in action for myself.

As fare as 18 gram weights, for the first 4- 5 mph in reverse, the clutch weights don't shift up, as there isn't the required centrifugal force for them to start acting apon and moving the came plate.

Certainly possible the 30 g weights start shifting as low as 3 mph

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
18gm weights

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow.. thank you very much for the excellent information and the extra effort. Excellent video, seems to have good throttle response without unreasonable quickness. But you did not notice problems with reverse is good to know. I may have to experiment with it. Any noticable effects on slow speed control in tight quarters? Again thanks for the feedback you guys.

·
Registered
342 Posts
No problems at any speed. At first I noticed the rpm of the motor being higher and the noise associated with it but I don't notice it anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts