Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this is the Grizzly, the same approach can be applied to the Kodiak; removing skid plates and using a hose (NOT a pressure washer) to spray the underbody:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Do you have to grease the wheel bearings after hosing it off or do you just wait until you've hit a certain amount of KMs on it?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Using a pressure washer would contribute to loss of grease, pressure from a hose is minimal and shouldn't be a problem. Ultimately not spraying directly at key areas is what you'll want to avoid same goes for just about any other thing you're washing where vital components are located.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Investing in different hose attachements will be wise as depending on the attachment design you'll get different spread and pressure of water, nothing significant but its bound to help get some dirt off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I always just sprayed the whole thing down. I guess if grease wear becomes an issue I'd just go ahead and replace it, but that really doesn't happen all that often if you clean it from time to time.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always just sprayed the whole thing down. I guess if grease wear becomes an issue I'd just go ahead and replace it, but that really doesn't happen all that often if you clean it from time to time.
Even before coming to the point you'd have to replace things there's a good chance you might hear something off or even feel it while ridin.g

·
Registered
281 Posts
How often will you need to thoroughly clean the Kodiak? Part of the design was based on the idea that the Kodiak would require less maintenance than other ATVs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't think I'm going to tear anything off by spraying it with the hose. I'm using a hose not a pressure washer. Not going to be spraying it with that much force.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I watch your videos on YouTube all the time they are some of the best videos I watch ..do you think you can do a video of an oil change sometime. ?.... thank you keep up the good work with the videos love them.....is your youtube name..... Polhamer?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I watch your videos on YouTube all the time they are some of the best videos I watch ..do you think you can do a video of an oil change sometime. ?.... thank you keep up the good work with the videos love them.....is your youtube name..... Polhamer?
Not my video, just happened to come across it. I agree, that guy has a ton of good videos, we need more folks like that in the ATV community.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Where i ride..generally leaves the atv caked in mud about an inch or more thick.

I used a pressure washer. But dont act like it is invincible. Its nice to peel the laters of dirt off, pressure is nice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts