Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, my no-name speedometer arrived today. Unfortunately it did not come with instructions of any sort. I wrote the seller but in the meantime I found the wiring info on the interwebs. I hope to get started wiring it into the Yammi this weekend (likely Sunday, as I'm gonna be riding on Saturday). I've got the service manual, so I hope to be able to tap into the factory wiring for the warning lights. While doing other things to the bike I noticed there was a 9-pin or so connector by the gooseneck for the handlebars with nothing plugged into it. I'm hoping that connector has some wires I might need as well (tach signal, f'rinstance). Gonna consult the manual and formulate a plan for the Big Install.

I will keep you all posted on progress, and hope to write up a how-to, though the fact that I can't upload attachments anymore might make that difficult...

Super Moderator
On the attachment thing you might want to go back through what you have uploaded and delete the duplicate ones if there are any. You might also contact a moderator of the site here and see if there is anything that they can do.

I can't believe that you just joined in January and have already maxed out your allotment of uploads. You might also try uploading the photos onto a site such as Photo Bucket and then link to them from here.

I'm still waiting on my Trail Tech set up. It appears that they are on a backorder of a backorder. The last shipping date that I heard of was March 24. If nothing else I'll have to cancel my order and then pay more for one from a supplier that has them in stock.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
J4k, you must have some kind of record for most electrical add ons on a Kodiak lol.
What can I say, electronics are my thing. When I install electronic accessories I try to make it like it would have been factory installed. You should see my truck :grin2:

JimP said:
I can't believe that you just joined in January and have already maxed out your allotment of uploads. You might also try uploading the photos onto a site such as Photo Bucket and then link to them from here.
I couldn't believe it either - I have uploaded quite a few pics but was surprised when I hit the limit. I own a forum myself (for Fox Thunderbirds and Cougars) and used to own a website dedicated to the same cars, so I was used to having virtually unlimited storage for photos. Truthfully I hadn't even thought about Photobucket because this is the first time I've ever needed it. Just joined tonight, so the onslaught of pics will resume >:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Just looking at the manual it seems that the fuel pump/sending unit is the same for all models (part number B16-13907-00-00). That means that the capacity to measure fuel remaining (instead of just turning on an idiot light) is built into base Kodiaks. I'll have to measure the sending unit's resistance to see whether that signal is what this Chinese speedo needs. The speedo needs 90 ohms for low fuel, 10 ohms for full. Things starting to get interesting...

Registered
So somewhere in the wiring there is the ability to hook up a fuel gauge?!! Keep us posted please

1 - 7 of 7 Posts