Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a chainsaw mount today. I prefer my saw in the front as that is where it is needed when clearing trails. I also like the quick release as you sometimes need the saw many times in a mile and messing with a wing nut is too slow.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice mount! Are there that many dead fall trees on the trails where you ride? Where is that?

On my first two rides I ran into several trees across the trails so I started bringing a bow saw with me to tackle some of the small ones but I've yet to see another one all summer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My boys and I go moose hunting annually in northern Saskatchewan. Some trails will have heavy amounts of blow down. One trip we got caught in a heavy snowfall. Took three hours to cut out one mile to get back to the highway from our camp. I also cut about three cords of wood yearly for heating so that saw rarely leaves my bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Added a chainsaw mount today. I prefer my saw in the front as that is where it is needed when clearing trails. I also like the quick release as you sometimes need the saw many times in a mile and messing with a wing nut is too slow.
Looks pretty cool. I just use the Kolpin saw boot that mounts on the side fender in the OEM bracket. In and out instantly. I use the front rack mounts for my brush cutter.

Over near La Ronge.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sure that is a fine mount but it presents two problems for me. Firstly that location is where I have my gun boot. Secondly I am far too cheap to buy from Kolpin when I can make it. lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am sure that is a fine mount but it presents two problems for me. Firstly that location is where I have my gun boot. Secondly I am far too cheap to buy from Kolpin when I can make it. lol
Aha, both gun and saw would not fly as is. The mount can hold a gun boot or saw though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts