Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok shoot me for asking... I know someone has done this out there... I have been to Germany, spent many years over seas and seen all types of tire. That being said, an ATV tire doesn’t really get me excited at 5 lbs pressure and such a thin wall. I was wondering if anyone has tried an all purpose M/S 12” tire on the rim? I’m sure it would last FOREVER! Not sure about terrain and certain situations, but you can always “bagg” them down! Thoughts???

·
Registered
20 Posts
A few years ago manufactures sold road tires for ATVs, might want to google road tires. I met a guy on the trails with a "field tire" that looked like a road tire. He said he got them for about $300 all in Can dollars.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd keep in mind that your quad was designed for a specific tire size and tread style. My son put larger tires with much more aggressive tread on his Can Am 1000 and now he goes through rear axles like water. Mods often come with a price far beyond the initial purchase.

Just a word of advice from someone who's spent far more $$ fixing things than they care to admit to...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts