Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Kodiak EPS. I have it in my garage and when I need get out away I put in neutral and just push out of the way without turning it on. last couple of times when I go turn the handle if feels like the break are turning on. If I keep handle bar straight rolls out fine. some help please?

·
Registered
561 Posts
That’s normal. Your just feeling the resistance/friction of the big tires. All 4 wheelers have the same feeling or effect when the front wheels are not straight and the more they are turned the harder it will be to push your quad.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Agreed with above response. Simple nuff. If you give your machine a nice quick push, it will steer a bit better

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
613 Posts
My kodiak has 25h on the clock and both breakdisks are bent alittle so the pads are skweeking wery annoing how is it possible only bean in light use
That does seem odd. Actually bent, or just worn and grooves?

·
Registered
689 Posts
My kodiak has 25h on the clock and both breakdisks are bent alittle so the pads are skweeking wery annoing how is it possible only bean in light use
The rotors or is it the backing plates ?

·
Registered
689 Posts
H
The disks dosent go straight so when i turn the disk it toutches the brakepad at one place on the disk
Have you had it apart to see if any bolts etc. are loose ?

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
453 Posts
This is probably a long-shot in addition to what is mentioned by @Rob-c ... It is not real common but Yamaha disc brakes have been known to have the "tab" get hung up on the pad inside the caliper. That can cause a pad to not be inline with the rotor so who knows what the result might be. I had it happen to one of my 07 Grizzly 700 front brakes. I didn't have rubbing but the braking wasn't as strong as I preferred. When I found the issue, only 2/3 of the one brake pad was making contact and that same brake pad's tab was slightly bent.

Like said, not real common but I have read of this happening to multiple other Yamaha owners that have machines with disc brakes.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
613 Posts
That’s interesting… my Kodiak has about 1/2 the brakes as my Grizzly.. you don’t imagine…??? Might have to check it out!

·
Registered
689 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.