Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rolled my Kodiak off a 5ft creek bed this past week and was upside down in a shallow stream. Fortunately, only ended up with a half inch crack in the wheel well, water in the center head light, and snapped my front break handle.

Tried to swap the rear handle with the front but they are not the same. Fortunately, I was about 30 miles from a dealer so I stopped by and they were sold out and the handle is on backorder for the end of January. Dealer ended up selling me the replacement part off one of his units in stock.

Anyone have any experience with the front brake handles on the Kodiaks? ASV doesn't have them listed as a fit but having compared a few handles it seems fairly generic. ASV handles would be nice for the breakaway feature. Not that I plan on rolling this again but...it does happen.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hope you weren't injured too much! N47, don't you know you are supposed to keep the greasy side down? LOL My kids and grandkids had a blast pulling a saucer sled around the place over Christmas weekend and thankfully nobody wrecked. It has happened in the past when the whole bunch gets together for the holidays that a trip to the ER is on the to-do list. Glad your machine didn't receive any more damage. Be careful, that is what I am always telling my kids!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope you weren't injured too much! N47, don't you know you are supposed to keep the greasy side down? LOL My kids and grandkids had a blast pulling a saucer sled around the place over Christmas weekend and thankfully nobody wrecked. It has happened in the past when the whole bunch gets together for the holidays that a trip to the ER is on the to-do list. Glad your machine didn't receive any more damage. Be careful, that is what I am always telling my kids!
haha. Thanks Den! Yeah, was doing some technical riding for the day and made a physical and mental mistake which caused the wreck. Had to climb a 2.5ft vertical incline and I should have been in 4 lo. Still getting used to this machine and was in 2 high. So it popped up and I corrected my body on the climb and then once I flattened out we think my thigh must have hit the throttle which carried me over into the ravine. Definitely fortunate and lucky there were no injuries. There are a lot of places on our rides that would not be as forgiving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts