Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 18 kodiak 450 w/o ps my fan will not turn on i unplugged the fan and jumped it to a battery it wont spin i was wondering if the clear hose had to have fluid or something in it to make it run ?? What is the clear hose for thanks for any help

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have a 18 kodiak 450 w/o ps my fan will not turn on i unplugged the fan and jumped it to a battery it wont spin i was wondering if the clear hose had to have fluid or something in it to make it run ?? What is the clear hose for thanks for any help
Clear hose is a vent.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you are sure that the fan has no overload or fuse or wire issue on the fan leads, when you test it with 12 volts, the motor is bad. You should be able to do a continuity test on the motor leads, and it should be open, if it is bad.

·
Super Moderator
1,371 Posts
Most switches on automotive or our Kodiaks will switch the ground and not the 12 volt power.

I don't have anything for the 450 but I can look at the 700's diagram later tonight

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,371 Posts
Did you place a ground to the fan plug along with the 12 volts?

According to the test procedure for the fans on the 700 you need to supply both the ground and 12 volts to test the fan. I would suppose that the 450 is the same.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,371 Posts
Here is the info from the 450 service manual

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts