Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700-EPS, EHS tuner, airbox & lid, HMF Titan (Quiet) exhaust, Warn 2500 winch & 52" plow.
236 Posts
I was working on it all day putting Ricochet skid plates on it and noticed more defects like cross threaded holes and more scratches on other rims.
Sadly, I don't think this is unusual. Mine had a scratch or two also, and as I understand it, these things ship (crated) in pieces, so you've got some close-to-minimum-wage mechanics or parts guys at the local dealers, assembling them, top to bottom. In addition, once assembled, the average dealer often has them run out onto the front lot for display to potential buyers passing by in traffic. Those various events (initial assembly and daily transport to and fro), are going to lead to some blemishes. It's just auto-matic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was working on it all day putting Ricochet skid plates on it and noticed more defects like cross threaded holes and more scratches on other rims.
They must have really gone to hell in the plant. That is so unlike a Japanese company.

There will be lots of Kaizen events in Newnan Georgia.

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
I would wager that the Kodiak is shipped in a crate to the dealer without the tires installed. At least when I have seen the crates it doesn't look like they are tall enough to have tires on the Kodiak or other ATV's.

But then the dealer will put the tires on along with their other prep work.

On my Kodiak I found one lug that was cross threaded when I pulled the tires off a short while after I bought it.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Mine has been defect free so far. The engine sounds like it's full of gravel with no oil, but I have no experience with the newer motors so I'm no judge! I'm about to put full synthetic in to see if it helpos. Everything seems to work as expected and it's pretty solid cosmetically. My cats and the local ***** track all over it anyhow!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Morning,

Just wanted to give a short PSA. I purchased a brand new 2021 kodiak 700 eps in mossy oak last Friday, and after 5 miles of very light riding the 2WD stopped working entirely and the machine doesn't get power to the rear wheels in 4WD. After being at the shop for over a week now, turns out the servo that changes from 2WD to 4WD is DEFECTIVE and something in the rear differential is defective as well. They're having to replace the servo and the entire rear differential with a brand new kit.

The tech said '[He'd] been doing this for 48 years and has NEVER seen this happen before'.

Unfortunately I can't legally demand an exchange/refund until they've made multiple attempts to fix it -- but a warning for all the would-be buyers out there!
Any news or updates on the machine ?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts