Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of giving my bike a thorough cleaning. I have the "hood" off and everything's muddied up

Is it kosher to just hit all of this with a [lower] pressure washer or am I just going to want to use my thumb over the end of a hose?

Same with the relays and such under the seat.

Machine has to go to the dealer for warrantee repair on monday (just a little crate damage) and I wanna clean her up for the visit.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
477 Posts
It appears that machine was submerged. So if it was a good hosing would not hurt. But I would never do that. I might suggest removing all of those sensitive parts and doing them individually. Good luck!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hasn't been submerged, no snorkels and intake is level with whats in the first picture. I don't think I've even been deep enough to have the exhaust tip under.. I do get real rowdy in the mud though! I was surprised to see how deep into the nooks and crannies the stuff gets lol.

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the process of giving my bike a thorough cleaning. I have the "hood" off and everything's muddied up

View attachment 10104

Is it kosher to just hit all of this with a [lower] pressure washer or am I just going to want to use my thumb over the end of a hose?

View attachment 10105

Same with the relays and such under the seat.

Machine has to go to the dealer for warrantee repair on monday (just a little crate damage) and I wanna clean her up for the visit.

Thanks guys
how did you make out ..Im in the same boat

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took me 2 hours with a toothbrush and a flat head screwdriver as a scraper but I got it all wayyyyyy cleaner than whats pictured.

I'll take some pictures when I get the machine back tonight, I forgot to the other day when I was done.

Reactions: Kimacobb

·
Super Moderator
124 Posts
ATVs are not boats or submarines :p

just pokin fun

You guys try using compressed air after loosening up the dried mud? That is what I use but mine is generally a dust/dirt box, not coated in mud.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ATVs are not boats or submarines :p

just pokin fun

You guys try using compressed air after loosening up the dried mud? That is what I use but mine is generally a dust/dirt box, not coated in mud.
A compressor would of been perfect after scraping/brushing, I just wasn't around mine at the time.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Between the rides through Walnut creek on the property and my dogs incessant marking of the quads tires I consider 'Her' bathed, annointed, Ozark baptized...whatever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts