Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a lot of options out there for adding passenger seats. I’d like one that is large enough for adults so I can get my family on the trail together (with our motorcycles) but don’t want to spend more than I need to.

Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
I don't think that there is any one answer for that question and our machines that were not designed for two people.

A seat that is great for kids won't work for adults and so forth.

I ride two on my Kodiak quite often and all I have is a old ITP canvas bag with a cushion. It has the storage pockets on the sides and the back and works, not as good as some but better than others. You just need to decided what is best for you. Usually when I have a rider he is 230 lbs so some of the seat type won't work.

One thing you are going to have to deal with if you do ride two on your machine is the heat that comes off of the muffler and out of the air ports on the left hand side. It gets hot enough that the passengers left leg is going to be very uncomfortable if not just down right miserable. I purchased some heat reflective tape in a sheet and installed it on the underside of the fender to reflect the heat back downward. It isn't a complete fix but it works.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The MOOSE RACING DIPLOMAT STORAGE TRUNK looks good. Seriously take it kind of easy when hauling a passenger going up a steep hill. That is a lot of weight on the back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously take it kind of easy when hauling a passenger going up a steep hill. That is a lot of weight on the back.
Thanks for the reminder, most two up riding would be very mild terrain, more of a way to bring the kids (or nieces/nephews) along while showing them our backyard (Arapahoe National Forest). Most of the rides accesable from our property are maintained forest service roads. Not likely we will get too much technical rides in with the machine since I stick to two wheels for that.

Main purpose for the Kodiak is to get work done on the property, and have something to draw the kids outside and off their phones!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts