Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Found some Kenda bearclaws on amazon for a great price, they have only one picture up.

I ordered front tires 12 8 25, and rear tires 12 10 25

The fronts show up first, and I notice this awesome looking red and silver lettering, which the ad did not show. but fine.

the rears show up a couple days later with the Yellow lettering on them.

I contacted Chapparal Motorsports to ask about exchanging the Yellow letters for some Red and silver so they match the front and match my machine aswell

They say. I can return them, but there is no way for them to choose the color I receive. It looks like I may just return all four and find them somewhere better..

seems a bit unprofessional

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Shitty.... Sorry to hear about that
Though I ve read great things about Kenda Bearclaws. Any reason you wouldn't consider a set of 26"?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have considered 26's.

Just a higher price. and my friend will also be getting some bearclaws. we are just trying to save the extra cash.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'm sure once everything is straightened out, your going to LOVE those new tires!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
A can of brake clean should take the paint off. I’ve ran the k299 bear claws for years they are a great tire.

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
I'd just run them, you'll never notice the colors once you get mud on them.

Then next time purchase tires from someone else. The return shipping is going to be a pain to have to deal with even with the dealer or Amazon paying it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is the type of lettering that is on the front tires... that is why I liked them. They just said that they are changing their branding

I may end up just trying to clean all the letters off

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
this is the type of lettering that is on the front tires... that is why I liked them. They just said that they are changing their branding

I may end up just trying to clean all the letters off
Personaly, if I was in your shoes looking at my new awesome, bear claw tires in my living room, I'd keep'em , ride' em and enjoy them...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No worries. Ill just clean the letters off and continue through life.

Next time! I will make sure there are no issues regarding colors before I agree to order

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
I just remembered my cst wild thangs I just bought a bit ago , the rears were painted and the fronts were not. Sure am going to enjoy wearing the paint off the rears.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
They are on both sides.....its fine. I wont be ordering from a company that wont help me out now.. im just going to run mismatched tire letters

I been a bit under the flu for week or so. So its just annoying

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you used brake clean it may take a few times. Or try some paint thinner.

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
I think that before I tried something like brake clean on a rubber tire I would see just what it does to rubber. A lot of these types of solvents will eat rubber seals or turn them into jelly, and I am sure that you wouldn't want that to happen to a new set of tires.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Seriously, stop worrying about something silly as small painted lettering. Run and enjoy those tires!

Reactions: Madmax and JimP
1 - 17 of 17 Posts