Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2019 Kodiak 700 with a snorkel and radiator relocate kit installed The battery is under the front panel and is a huge pain to access. Has anyone relocated the battery, and if so where exactly and did you have any issues. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
429 Posts
I have a 19 Kodiak and 19 Grizzly. Haven’t ever had to access the battery. What’s the normal condition for accessing it?
The Kodiak has a tender connection installed. I may add that to the Grizzly one day.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2019 Kodiak 700 with a snorkel and radiator relocate kit installed The battery is under the front panel and is a huge pain to access. Has anyone relocated the battery, and if so where exactly and did you have any issues. Thank you for any help.
I installed jumper points on mine when I did my rad relocate.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
157 Posts
If you REALLY wanted to and you do not mind losing the glove box, u can put the battery in there, not sure how good it would be.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
If you REALLY wanted to and you do not mind losing the glove box, u can put the battery in there, not sure how good it would be.
The ammout of heat that box sees would kill a battery's life span in no time. Heat is harder on a battery than cold.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up installing 6g wires directly to the battery and have ordered a waterproof terminal block and will mount that somewhere up front. I will be able to tap into that if I add any accessories. #SENDIT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts