Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
How do you remove baked on mud from cylinder head regular hose pressure is useless is there any kind of chemical that I can spray on cylinder head to remove mud. I started to use a small wire brush but can’t access most of the head. Is it ok to use a pressure washer on cylinder head
Thanks in advance
Joe

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
Spray it down good with water and then wait, spray again and perhaps wait some more. Even baked on mud will come off but it takes time to let the water saturate it.

Other than that there is always a screwdriver and a putty knife.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spray it down good with water and then wait, spray again and perhaps wait some more. Even baked on mud will come off but it takes time to let the water saturate it.

Other than that there is always a screwdriver and a putty knife.
Thanks
I have sprayed water on it and let sit sprayed it with spray nozzle on hose didn’t remove baked on mud so I used a small wire brush but can’t access a lot of the head
Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
I use a pressure washer after every ride.

Reactions: gotducks

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Just don't spray your rad directly with high pressure. You can damage the fins very easily, reducing your cooling capacity.

One of the best things for cleaning the engine is soak out all down well with a hose , then in a spray bottle mix 1L or 1 Quart of very warm water with 15-20ml or 1/2oz of regular dish soap. Spray on the engine she let it soak for 15 or 20 min, hose off, repeat if needed. You can also use a good stiff plastick bristle brush, a bottle brush works great for tight/deep areas.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Just don't spray your rad directly with high pressure. You can damage the fins very easily, reducing your cooling capacity.

One of the best things for cleaning the engine is soak out all down well with a hose , then in a spray bottle mix 1L or 1 Quart of very warm water with 15-20ml or 1/2oz of regular dish soap. Spray on the engine she let it soak for 15 or 20 min, hose off, repeat if needed. You can also use a good stiff plastick bristle brush, a bottle brush works great for tight/deep areas.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks
CanadianKodiak700

1 - 7 of 7 Posts