Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! First mod! I've had these laying around for a while because they didn't fit on my brushgaurd . Anyhow they were really expensive so I figured I'd toss them on the kodiak and see how they look . I really like them so far! Extremely bright even during the day! I have them mounted on some very well made mounts that were like 60$ themselves. So I have faith these wont be coming off even in extreme cases lol. Very excited for some night time riding in the desert. I'll be adding a winch at some point so they'll probably be relocated.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Good looking lights.

If you can just rotate the mounts to the top of that bar then they won't interfere with the winch.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good looking lights.

If you can just rotate the mounts to the top of that bar then they won't interfere with the winch.

Do you think itd take away too much airflow from the rad? That was my first option as I'd like them higher but didnt want to worry about heat issues since I do run this in the desert and it gets really hot out. Plus I know these run lean and tend to get even warmer. Input would be appreciated lol

Super Moderator
I don't think so. It wouldn't be like you are blocking the whole radiator like with a piece of cardboard right in front of it.

I would just keep a eye on the overheat light and if there is a problem then you could move them elsewhere.

I have a actual water temperature gauge on mine and when riding slow I can watch it get up to temperature and then when the thermostat opens watch it drop, there is usually a 10 degrees variation from open to closed. Since my Kodiak is just the base model I went with a Trail Tech Striker meter set up but they do sell a tenperature/hour/volt meter which would be nice to have on a different model with the digital gauge set up.

https://www.trailtech.net/tto-1

Registered
I've got a 7.5" light bar on top of the bumper and no airflow issues. As a matter of fact, my bike runs cooler and fan doesn't come on much since I switched to synthetic oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts