Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

Back in a Kodiak!

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Colorado Kodiak 700 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I sold my 2018 Kodiak 700 SE last summer because I wasn’t using it much and started building a new home. Anyway started looking for a new 4wheeler in the last month and realized Covid has liquidated everyone’s inventory. Very few machines available and all priced damn near at MSRP if you find one. I started hunting the used market and quickly realized I wasn’t the only one doing that. Lots of used machines priced way too high. I took a glimpse a Facebook marketplace the other day and found a 2018 Kodiak 700 SE with winch and plow and only 168 miles on it listed for $8500. I offered the guy $7500 cash that day
and he accepted. I literally hauled butt to the bank, got the cash and drove 3 1/2 hrs to get it. Couldn’t be happier. Plow has never been used and the bike is like new. Feel pretty lucky to stumble in this Kodiak and be able to snag it! Now just gotta put some better tires on it and we’re set!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, the used ATV market here in CO has been very thin. I sold a Grizzly 700 1 week ago in 6 hours, meaning looked at, paid for and driven away in 6 hours. I thought that was pretty good and then a friend sold a used Grizzly today in less than that. If anyone was looking at selling used ATVs, get them listed.

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy!

#4 ·
With dealer inventory being low is what I believe is pushing used ones so fast. But then I have never had a problem selling a used one even if I have only sold two of them.

One was a 89 Big Bear 350, the person heard that I had just bought a new 2000 Kodiak and they came to me with money in hand, I didn't even have to list it.

The other one was my 2000 Kodiak. I stuck it in my front yard and 4 hours later some folks came by and bought it.

Now if I could just get rid of the rest of my stuff that fast.

#5 ·
Nice.. I like the black. It’s great having the cash to make a good deal. So whatcha thinking for tires ??

#6 ·
Yeah the market in Colorado is insane. The dealer I use down here is called Fremont Motor Sports, even though they are 30 miles south of Colorado Springs everyone buys from them because they have great deals. They have been completely sold out of ATV's for the last 3 weeks. The guy I know there said never in the history of the company have they seen what the last 3 months has done to their inventory.

Probably 26" Bearclaw HTRs. they worked great on my last Kodiak. Im in southern colorado and we have a ton of rock and cactus and they resist punctures really well and provide great traction.

#7 ·
Congratulations Sir! Appears you hit a Home Run. That really is a great looking ride. Thing is they ride so good that I'm never thinking what she looks like. Enjoy.

#12 ·
My brother lives in Colorado Springs. I would be interested in the Penrose area. I wanted to organize a get together here but with the rapidly expanding cases of Covid infections leaves me apprehensive about a large gathering. There are several members of the forums who live close. There is some fine riding all around here. Will forward my info if I can figure it out. Look forward to riding new ground. Red

#13 ·
October in the Ozarks is prime.

#14 ·
I get a lot of trail riding here in Colorado and in Utah during September and October.

Hunting seasons are going on at that time.

#18 ·
Very nice! Gave them a good rip yet?

#20 ·
Had a pretty good ride today with forum member Colorado Kodiak 700. We covered 5,000 ft of elevation on a very rocky 8 mile ride. The top was 13,060 feet elevation.

Attachments

#21 ·
Nice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.