Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tall pines in Andover ny is a great place to ride , we’ve been numerous times and enjoy going to their events they put on.
AOAA in coal township PA is 7000 acres of awesomeness, we absolutely love this place . Were on our 4th trip down in a few weeks, we rode 80+ miles last year in 2 days and still didn’t hit all the trails. Looking forward to going again.
Hatfield McCoy is on the bucket list.
So what’s some great trails you’ve rode

·
Registered
561 Posts
My Favorite trail ride ever was in Alaska east of Palmer along the Matanuska River to a glacier. Fished along the river also. Used a friends Honda foreman up there, but I had such a great time I came home and bought my first ATV, a 2006 Yamaha 350 Bruin.

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
While there are some designated trails out here in the west most are just old mining/jeep roads that we ride on. From what I have seen with organized trail riding here is that most want to zoom around and get from point A to point Z as fast as possible and ignore the country that they are riding through. I like to just poke through the country and look at the scenery as I go. It is surprising at what riders miss by not slowing down as they go.

A few areas that I love to ride are the Boulder Mountains in Utah. There are some great road and trails that end at a fantastic fishing spots and while a lot of these roads have been improved to where 4x4 vehicles can access them a lot easier there are those where a ATV makes the trip a lot easier. There is also the Patton ATV trail system in Central Utah. This combines a lot of just ATV trails that require your machine to be less than 48" or so wide along with a road system. A lot of the towns in this area are ATV friendly in that you can ride into them to get gas or a bite to eat while you are riding your ATV and then get back to the trail system. There are also loop roads that are just meant for ATV's where you can ride and see some beautiful country.

Then there is MOAB, nothing else needs to be said of the slick rock country.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We rode three of the Hatfield McCoy trails systems a few weeks ago. We had such a great time that we're going back in September.

It is literally the Disney World of ATV/UTV riding.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also made the trip down to Hatfield McCoy trails a few years ago. We went down 3 times and would most likely go down again but old age is catching up with me now. Great riding experience in the mountains quite different from what we have here. Although I can’t complain about the riding areas around here .I live in Ottawa Ontario Canada’s capital which also borders the province of Quebec 5 minutes away. In the summer months we ride in Ontario about an 1hour away on trails that belong to different clubs which 1 pass allows us to ride .
In Ontario we are now allowed to ride most provincial highways,township roads and most crown lands (public lands) which has opened up a lot of areas as we would have had to trailer to most areas before .We ride in the Ottawa valley area. In the winter I buy a trail pass for the quad system in Quebec which has groomed trails throughout the province plenty of riding there if you like winter riding.most of the province has trails open all winter . Summer riding is excellent there also .
Although not a real atv park my buddies and I consider it to be one great big riding area now.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If anybody wants to ride in Colorado here's an app that shows all the trails. You can select the type of trails you're looking for and it will highlight those. There's a lot of trails around the Grand Junction, Montrose, Grand Mesa area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts