Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

Awaiting for my new Kodiak 700

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  2021OrangeKodiak 
#1 ·
Hello! has anyone seen an orange 2021 Kodiak 700? I have placed an order with my dealership and hopefully in the next upcoming weeks, it arrives. I am 5'9 and I was wondering how everyone else likes their Kodiak's and how long they ride theirs for, I plan to ride the new machine close to 12 hours per ride. I am also looking for a good set of complete skid plates for the machine and looking for suggestions, not sure why Yamaha does not have the rear frame skid plate for the Kodiak.

#2 ·
Congratulations
I look forward to seeing pictures of your orange Kodiak... I have chosen Iron Baltic Skids for mine and love the fitment and toughness.. I've gone with the Grizzly seat and Grizzly handle bars for my big frame (6'2") but that seat is a great improvement... (1 inch thicker) try it at your dealer when you pick it up... I did and the salesman was surprised it fit and then made sure it wasn't still on my quad when I left the lot,,,,, Ha HA
I did buy the seat a few weeks later.

#3 ·
Congrats on the new bear , I like my ricochet aluminum skids , made in the USA. Wife and I have road for several hours with breaks here and there no problem.

#4 ·
My uncle bought a 2020 Kodiak 450 for his wife, when he found out I was looking for a new machine, I rode hers and his Kawasaki Brute Force 750, somehow that is the exact blend to equal a Kodiak 700 when I tried it ay my dealership. Also put the Ricochet skid plates on her 450.

#7 ·
There is a member on here that has a orange one and he posted a picture of it in a thread. I'll have to see if I can find it later.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I have had some all-day rides. No problem on the Kodiak seat at all. I’m about 5’10. The Kodiak fit so nice and felt more nimble.
I’m sure the stock skid plates aren’t amazing, but I figured to wait until I used them up. So far, no issues. They have hit a few times for sure! But survived.

#9 ·
On my old 2000 Kodiak I beat the plastic skid plates to pieces. I even trimmed off a few pieces that were bent and hanging down and never had any problems with them holding up in 17 years before I sold it

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Here is the thread with the orange Kodiak in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.