Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2016 Kodiak base model. The front brush guard bar on the right side has been pushed in a little and is hitting the fender.

Just curious if anybody has upgraded their brush guard and what they have used or would recommend. Yamaha wants close to $200 for his part and thought maybe I could find a used one but I have been unable to locate one. Now I am considering alternative options that may provide more protection. Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Goggle strong made they have a real nice one for the kodiak which I am going to get in the spring so I can put it on when it warmer. I like how the which mounts on it as well. I am going to move mine from the factory spot and put it on the bumper/ bush gauard

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
strong made

Thanks for the Strong made suggestion I looked up that strong made and it looks pretty robust. Looks like it adds quite a bit of length to the ATV since it sits out front so much more. I am switching my old cycle country plow over to my Kodiak 700 when the mounting plate arrives and am concerned this bumper may be in the way of the blade.

I looked at some of the Bison brand ones and they don't look to bad. I really would like to find one somebody is parting out as OEM stock would be ok with me. The only reason I am looking for one is my stock one is pushed in up against the fender by previous owner. Guess these things are too new and must be built pretty well as there are no used parts to be found.

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
For used parts you just need to watch Ebay. A month or so ago someone was already parting one out.

·
Registered
758 Posts
There is a member on the forum who swapped out his for a strongmade one. Maybe he will chime in and want to sell his original.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just purchased a 2016 Kodiak base model. The front brush guard bar on the right side has been pushed in a little and is hitting the fender.

Just curious if anybody has upgraded their brush guard and what they have used or would recommend. Yamaha wants close to $200 for his part and thought maybe I could find a used one but I have been unable to locate one. Now I am considering alternative options that may provide more protection. Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.
I had to replace mine after I bent it a "little" . I got the heavy duty from Yamaha, easy bolt on replacement. It doesn't interfere with the same 2500 lbs Warn winch from yamaha that you have.
If you keep an eye out some websites have it on sale for just $50 or so more than the original .
Here it is how it looks:

http://www.kodiakowners.com/forum/458-kodiak-700-chassis-body/3058-brush-guard.html

Some aftermarket bolt on the existing front bumper, make sure that whathever you get is a complete replacement .

Also if it's not too bad maybe you can bend it back in place with some heat and a good hammer:wink2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Rollin, Thanks for the reply and suggestion. This morning I went ahead and just ordered the Yamaha one that originally came on it. It was $155. The heavy duty one you mention the best price I found was around $290. It should be here Friday so I can get it installed. Then the next Friday it goes into dealer for winch install

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Winch

I just bought this 2016 Kodiak 700 used. The original owner had bought the winch including installation at the dealer when he bought it new. He took the machine home and never returned to pick up the winch and install it. I made contact with the dealer and they still had the winch sitting there and said they would install since it was prepaid. If this wasn't the case, I would be installing it myself. The sign in their shop says $88 per hour for labor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts