Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My plastics were rubbing on the radiator of my 18 450 kodiak made a pinhole in it how can i repair it is this a common issue i think it was poorly engineered Radiator also moves back and fourth a half inch+ i think yamaha failed on this machine 馃槩 i have a 14 grizzly with no issue's

Attachments

Super Moderator
I can't help you much with a problem with a plastic radiator. If there is indeed a hole in it you might be able to do a plastic weld on it and get it to hold. Other than that it would need replacement.

If you have that much movement on it I would look real close at the mountings. If it is that way from the factory there might not be much that you can do. But you still might be able to build a shim or something that will hold it in place to where there is no movement.

Super Moderator
I just looked at a parts diagram and it shows that the radiator is not available for a 2018 450.

You might want to go talk to your dealer.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I found that the top mounts weren't even put into the Radiator which made it rub on plastics wth its an aluminum Radiator think its tig weldable or is there a product worth buying for repairs

Attachments

Registered
When you mentioned that it moves 1/2 inch back and forth my first thought was that something isn't mounted right. There's no way it should move around like that. It sounds like you've got it figured out. Whether you can fix the radiator or have to replace it at least you shouldn't have future problems.

Registered
If that is aluminum, that is a hard to fix. Here is a link to a fix, I have tried and it worked so far. A new one is a better way to go. add a second and a third layer and gob the repair mix on heavier than the video shows. Good luck!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkmDOTis9Sk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts