Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

Another tire thread! :)

7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Madmax 
#1 ·
Well, the stock tires aren't totally bad but as with anything they could be better.

I don't really play in deep mud very much, usually at the most on the trails I ride it might be may a foot to foot and a half deep...10-12' wide...big puddles.

Where I ride most is mountains, river rock looking areas, trees to cross, and roots.

What suggestions could any of you give for this type of riding?

#2 ·
Kenda Bearclaws, PitBull Growlers, Maxxis Bighorn, AMS Slingshots, just to name a few real popular ones.... I prefer 26" and maybe even 27" tires personally.

#3 · (Edited)
That’s pretty similar to the type of riding I do minus the mountain part these days.

Every once in a while I’ll get crazy and go into really deep mud but not often.

I’ve had really good luck with 26” Bighorn 2.0
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Mode of transport

#4 ·
Thank you both for the advice! Any suggestion on good places to order from?

#15 ·
Nice looken bike!

#18 ·
Been very impressed so far, ride very smooth on anything hard, ave corners almost feel like you are on rails. Crossed a stream and a ton of brooks one day, and the really stick to wet rocks. Only really been in wet soupy mud about 14"deep, but they did really well.
Only thing I don't like, but I find any new tires do this for a while, but if you get on just the right size rocks, man they throw them.
And for me, unfortunately, one of the main tasks I have to use to get from my place out to the trail system, is a road built up with screened rock from a nearby pit. Just the right size rocks.....little smaller than a golf ball..... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a set of Maxxis Bighorn 2 tires and a buddy has talked me into going with the Maxxis Zilla's... He's been riding pretty much the same trails as I but has been doing it for much longer, I do respect his opinion!

I got a set of 26-11-12's and the 26-9-12's for $379 including shipping...I'm happy with that. :smile2:

I ordered 18 gram weights and shim from JBS Performance the other day, this should help with the larger tires.

Reactions: Primethious
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.