Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with AMS Pro Radials? I know that the Slingshots are highly rated. The Pro Radials look great with the right specs but are a bit expensive and very little talk about them out there. Will probably be boring and get Kenda bearclaw HTRs. Safe call everyone seems to like them. Thanks.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Retailers are not allowing me to send pictures off of their sites. I'm not tech savvy enough to beat them. Sorry

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not much out there on these tires, guess you’re going to have to be the guinea pig and try em. If you do , a full run down on performance will be needed;)

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
613 Posts
They look good to me!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Supposedly a very high quality tire. I realize that the Kenda bearclaw HTRs are very good and probably the safest choice but I may need to accept the challenge and try something different. Was going to go with the steel wheels. Not much wt difference between them and the aluminum wheels. Is there any practical functional improvement or just looks. If I thought it'd get me LAID more often I might consider.. however that's not going to happen. Thoughts on this anyone? Iui

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Pitbull growlers look awesome. I was concerned that they would rear up what little top soil. Any increased turf disruption with these? Love your thoughts and impression with 26x9 all around. I would like to keep the standard size so the CST tires will function as spares. A flat would able to be exchanged in minutes and have ability to be used short term and not ruin a good afternoon project.

·
Registered
613 Posts
PitBull Growlers are awesome! And surprisingly easy on grass surfaces. My zillas were terrible for damagimg terrain surface

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love construction and foot print of the Growlers. Glad to hear that they are easier on the turf. On the thin topsoil it takes my terrain quite a while to recover. Out in the woods who cares. No regrets?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Love construction and foot print of the Growlers. Glad to hear that they are easier on the turf. On the thin topsoil it takes my terrain quite a while to recover. Out in the woods who cares. No regrets?
Heck no!!!! Lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
68 Posts
Those AMS Pro Radials look like very nice tires, pricey but on the same $$$ level as the Growlers. One thing I did notice compared to the Growlers, Growlers have deeper tread depth. And that is actually true when compared to many other all-terrain ATV tires. But that also usually adds some weight too. However, those Pro Radials are no light weights either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts