Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you want less popping on deceleration, yes. The way I blocked mine was from inside the air box. I had no correct sized vacuum plugs, so I used an eyedropper bulb that seemed to fit well. From the outside you cannot tell it has been blocked. The air box modification made the AIS block I did very easy. I took a few pictures but they did not turn out well. The clean part is where I inserted the plug. : )B

·
Registered
342 Posts
I agree.

Just do it, and it's one less thing to worry about.

The way I did it was to install a vinyl vacuum plug over the plastic nipple on the air box then spray it with silicone spray and then work the rubber hose back over it. Add a hose clamp and good to go.

Don't tear your air box front off until you do the air filter mod.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for pointing out not to use my method without modding the air box to use a clamp on style filter first Primethious. Would not want to give advice that would cause harm to someone's machine.

Reactions: Primethious

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't recall what size it was, but it was pretty tight, and not very thick.
I think I warmed it up in hot water a little while.

The rubber hose took a little effort to get back on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did the AIS delete mod. and the mod to the air box added a K&N filter. Good to go now. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I agree.

Just do it, and it's one less thing to worry about.

The way I did it was to install a vinyl vacuum plug over the plastic nipple on the air box then spray it with silicone spray and then work the rubber hose back over it. Add a hose clamp and good to go.

Don't tear your air box front off until you do the air filter mod.
Thanks for pointing out not to use my method without modding the air box to use a clamp on style filter first Primethious. Would not want to give advice that would cause harm to someone's machine.
How would you hurt the engine by blocking off the AIS on the outside of the airbox with out doing the filter mod?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts