·
Registered
2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
I think my 19’s are a slightly different configuration. If I remember, you use your machine daily around the farm? Perhaps you could get the part on order, and recreate that seal with some RTV until it comes in.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Here are a couple of threads for you to read about using a dry Wix filter

Reactions: rancherMike

·
Registered
523 Posts
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood Bumper
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood Gas

I have one I would sell ya , pm me if your interested .
Or this is what I did to mine and wife’s air filters

This is my poor mans ehs racing mod copy, I knew I wanted to use the bell end of the factory unit . So I cut out the middle and adjusted it so the 2 half’s would fit in the air box. Measured the inside diameter of the intake and found that a 2 inch exhaust pipe would work perfect to bridge the gap and be thin enough and stiff enough to give support and not restrict air . I cut a 2.5 inch piece off the pipe, smoothed the ends and superglued the bell end on to it .
I install the bell side into the air box ( and as you can see it’s very close to a perfect fit in my adapter ) then the throttle body side of the of the intake is slid onto the air box and is slid over the exhaust pipe connector simultaneously. The exhaust pipe is a very tight fit in the factory hose a little lube is needed to get it pushed on all the way . I haven't installed the air box yet but will let you guys know what I think when I do get it together.

Attachments

Reactions: rancherMike

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
82 Posts
I would look for some thick window seal neoprene foam gasket and make one out of that. If required you could glue two thinner pieces together with contact cement.

Seal the ends with contact cement, Seal All or something that works.

A light coating of lithium grease on the seal will help keep the dust out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts