Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been using the Wix 46790 on my 2016 Kodiak 700 EPS SE for 8 months. No issues. I really didnt notice any sound difference or performance changes. All appears the same as if using original filter except hopefully this Wix is doing a better job at filtering?
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
https://youtu.be/NfRYsw8IBk8

This is what you need to do... I used a uni 6325ST instead of the spectre filter. Make sure you get a can of uni filter oil because they don’t come pre oiled. Seems to make a very tight seal and definitely isn’t going anywhere. All in all costs about $60 for everything you need, shipping and all. I must say I’m very happy with this mod!

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry but I don't have a pic. Be sure to put a 1/6" layer of grease on the throat of the filter to ensure a dust-free installation.

·
Registered
104 Posts
For the air filter neck I use the same grease I have in the grease gun. Lately its been a light green colored grease....I don't recall the brand. This grease only acts as a sealant, even Vaseline would do the job.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Here is a free fix that I made, because I have found all of these fixes interesting but have always considered the stock filter to be a very good quality filter and I did not want to switch to a paper filter because the oiled foam filters are superior for blocking dust. This is very simple; check out the attached photo's. I took a piece of scrap 2X4 and cut it to about 5.5" then wedged it in behind the filter and marked it for depth then cut it for depth so that it fit in flush (see 1st photo). Then all you need to do once you get a good tight flush fit that pushes the filter forward nice and tight is trim the 3 posts flush off of the top cover so they just slightly touch or push down on the wood block. Now you have a nice tight seal at the air intake. If you want added air flow around the back side of the filter and air box, just drill some half inch holes in the block, as many as you like, 4 or 5 should be sufficient.

Attachments

41 - 52 of 52 Posts