Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Intake end is rubber. Fits real good. I put alittle grease around seal area just for extra measure. You just have to try it you won't believe how good it works.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Intake end is rubber. Fits real good. I put alittle grease around seal area just for extra measure. You just have to try it you won't believe how good it works.
i cannot locate that air filter from the numbers in the pics you have... where can i get one? can you provide a link? best i can find is this, maybe it's the same? https://killerfilter.com/filters/WIX/546790_WIX-filter.html

*update* I didnt see the napa box photo, ok.. Napa 6790 / WIX 46790 $30 on amazon and $20 on ebay. nice.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just ordered me one :grin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Magard!
Read the air filter modification you did. Have a 2016 Griz. I did the same but, used a ACE Hardware "couple" Part # 43107 (1.965") vs (1.900") that the PVC pipe is. For your info also, Wix air filter P/N WA10011 has a radial seal diameter of 1.800" has a Length of: 6.594" Top & Bottom "OD" of 4.880 inch, and has a CFM air flow of 140. Got this from them direct. Double the air flow of the NAPA filter 6449. K&N makes a grease for sealing radial air type air filters. P/N 99-0704. I am not a member of this forum, but my email is: I do not know if you will get this info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed the NAPA 6790 this afternoon. As it's been said before, it's like it was made for this machine. Supposedly rated at 75 CFM, it seems to be about right for the 708 airflow-wise based on various online CFM/engine size calculators that I've found. The intake has a bit of a different sound now, but it didn't seem to affect engine power at all. Definitely recommended until I can afford the EHS filter conversion, if I even go that route.

View attachment 5146

·
Registered
16 Posts
NAPA Filter

The first post suggested the Napa 6449 with th PVC adapter then later the 6790. The 6449 is $15 but the 6790 is around $50. Just curious about the effectiveness of the 2 filters due to such a cost difference. I could buy 3 6449 filters for 1 6790 is reason I am asking.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought 2 Napa Gold 6790 filters for $41.52 including shipping on EBAY. That is only $20.71 cents each.
I put a good amount of grease on the top tube before installing, and they fit like they were designed for the Kodiak. They definitely sound different than the stock filter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
$52.19 from local Napa store and $47.20 from Amazon is what I am seeing these listed for. I searched Ebay and looks like they are no longer listed there. Sounds like you got a really good deal. Is this filter able to be cleaned and be reused. If it is a throw away the cost seems pretty high compared to the paper filter in the original post

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody been using either of these filter ideas now for a year or 2? how is it working, good power, not lean/rich, most importantly no dust ingestion? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
104 Posts
Has anybody been using either of these filter ideas now for a year or 2? how is it working, good power, not lean/rich, most importantly no dust ingestion? Thanks in advance
I have been running the paper filter for almost year on both of our Kodiak's. No issues that I am aware of.. I grease the connecting tube generously to prevent any air bypass. Our 700's run the same as with the factory filter except that the intake sounds different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put alittle grease round the snout of the filter just for extra measures. Probably don't even need that. Don't have to do anything. It slips in the intake and even fits in the filter holder inside.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts