Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I set my wife’s kodiak up on 26 inch k299 bear claws , 1.5 mm shims and purple spring with stock kodiak weights and she loves it. I bet you could install the spring and be fine with the stock tires, and enjoy the low end power.
If that means easier wheelies I’m in!!

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Just stay away from the mayhams, you can get zillas or wild thangs that are much lighter and will work just as well in mud if not better due to the lower unsprung mass to turn.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
28 mayhems fit great and power loss is minimal, haven’t taken it through any deep mud but up and down my street it feels great!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Looks good! Love the blue ones

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Have you had a chance to test out you’re mayhems yet ? If so what are your thoughts on em ?
So since my last post I’ve put the high lifter 2” lift and a 1.3mm shimm on the primary clutch
And i love this set up, gives me way more ground clearance and these tires dig down to find traction in the mud, definitely shaky at low speeds but that’s to be expected with deep lugged tires!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Looks bad A$$!

So what's the current list of clutch work on this beast?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looks bad A$$!

So what's the current list of clutch work on this beast?
Just a 1.3 mm shimm! The mega mayhems are not crazy heavy, roughly 35lbs a tire so they will still spin in deep mud, but it just takes more throttle. Ive gotten really stuck In deep mud and i can always get them to spin!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Mite want to consider a stronger spring like the Epi purple or maybe a gold.

Love your wheels btw!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts