Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2019 kodiak 700 base model with the 686 in it. I did as much research as possible but still found very little for the 686cc 2015 and earlier. Are these engines reliable? Did the old 686's need fuel programmer to stay cool?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just picked up a 2019 kodiak 700 base model with the 686 in it. I did as much research as possible but still found very little for the 686cc 2015 and earlier. Are these engines reliable? Did the old 686's need fuel programmer to stay cool?
I don't know if their the exact same engine 2014 and 2015 Grizzlys (like you said not much info) But they were very lean running engines as well.
If they are basically the same engines as the older Grizzlys, they have a rock solid reputation, and I would prefer it over the 708 Generation.

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
Did the 2014/ 15's need or benefit from the fuel programmer or are they solid reliable at stock?
they were solid stock, and most likely, yours will be too, but they all benefit from a fuel programmer. they all run a bit lean from just above idle , to just between 50 to 75% throttle, then they are just about right the rest of the way to WOT.
don't you just love emissions regulations ?

pop a programmer on there and it will help with heat a lot, so I have read.

I have an 18 SE with the 708, currently researching programmers for min, can't decide what one to get yet. Any input here from guys that have one? greatly appreciated by myself and probably the OP also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts