Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been curious about aftermarket mufflers & Exhaust setups for the 700 Kodiak. Wondering what others are using and what kind of performance they are getting over the stock system? Have you done just the muffler or the system?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I put one of the 2R power tips on mine and to be honest I went back to stock...I get enough headaches as it is...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Barkers are loud.
I wanted a great tone without all the noise and harshness and chose the HMF Titan Quiet series slip-on, and I would definitely buy again.
The stock muffler drove me nuts...just hated the note it had, and the 2R tip sounds better but it's loud.
I tend to ride harder if the exhaust isn't too loud.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They can be, but in my experience with them on a Raptor they were quitter then most. Plus you can get quite cores, those do help. The power you get from barkers will be unmatched by anyone else. I could be wrong on that but I'd bet money on it. As far as the grizzly and Kodiak go.

·
Registered
274 Posts
An exhaust and a fuel programmer upgrade should greatly improve your horsepower. It's something I'm very interested in but like the others I don't want to get too loud.

·
Registered
342 Posts
HMF sent me an email with a 75 dollar off code for this weekend that I'm not going to use. Feel free to use it if you wish.
HMF75BUCKS

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks but I have decided to stay with the stock setup for now.

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
40 Posts
Trail Tamer

I have installed a Trail Tamer Muffler on my 2019 Kodiak. It has a deep pleasant Note. I have run these on Can Ams in the past never had any troubles.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have installed a Trail Tamer Muffler on my 2019 Kodiak. It has a deep pleasant Note. I have run these on Can Ams in the past never had any troubles.
Did you have to do any fuel tuning with it? And is there any power benefit you have noticed?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do have an Dobek EJK on mine, although the web site states it is not needed. as far as power I have not noticed a difference. I just love this new sound. It was very pronounced on the V-twin cam am quad. So I was very happy when the same deep not loud notes came out of this single cylinder engine. the trail tamer is a dual outlet muffler
I don't have a photo of it installed on my Kodiak I'll get one tonight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been looking at playing with my exhaust. I have looked at doing the HMF Titan QS due to the fact I mainly want a deeper tone but not lose my hearing, I have also been looing at doing the MBRP Sport, I don't see a lot here about them and they are a 3rd the cost. I have used them in the past on my diesel trucks and liked them. As for fuel tuning if I do HMF I will do the fuel optimizer, but If I where to go with the MBRP would the fuel optimizer still work or would I be better off with another option?
Really open to some ideas, Don't want to destroy the bank account or my hearing but don't rant crap sound either.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Everything I've read about MBRP's indicate that they are a loud exhaust. Another fuel tuner option is a Power Commander 5 (PCV). I picked mine up from JBS and he provided a canned tune that he got from dyno runs on his machine and has worked great. With a PCV you can dynotune any setup regardless of brand or style. The tuners that have the adjustable buttons on the front of them are limited on there ability to tune a setup. They do work though, not saying otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
249 Posts
Well. Looks like im about to duct tape a 1 gallon folgers coffee can to the back of my 2018 Kodiak! Haha
The best part of waking up is the ole kodiak tearin it up.......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Colorado Kodiak 700

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well now I wonder how it would sound with my big diesel tip on her. that might be 50 more bear cubs between your legs riding?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts