Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to give my kodiak a little more of a growl to the exhaust, without spending hundreds of bucks. will possibly geta slipon but if possible would rather get a tip. for slipons whats your guys opinions on barker's slip on? too loud? i ask what barker is like because if i get slip on it will most likely be that, since HMF is too much between the programmer and pipe. (yes i know there isnt much difference in price but every dollar counts.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone know of someone in canada that sells the 2R tip? saves money not having to pay duty and all that at the border?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nothing i bring stuff across the board all the time, 9 times out of 10 they dont even charge me provincal tax. We havent had to pay duty in years since the free trade agrement went in place. 50 bucks seams to be the limit anything more then that they will charge me just tax on the price of the item

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nothing i bring stuff across the board all the time, 9 times out of 10 they dont even charge me provincal tax. We havent had to pay duty in years since the free trade agrement went in place. 50 bucks seams to be the limit anything more then that they will charge me just tax on the price of the item
The limit is actually $20 CDN (or about $15USD). There's actually a movement trying to have that changed. But if the item is made in USA or Mexico it should have no duty on it, just GTS and PST (or HST for those of us lucky enough to be faced with such a thing)

Canada Post often does not bother collecting the tax on smaller purchases, but when they do they charge a $5 "Brokerage fee" which I find reasonable. We really get boned by private carriers like UPS, FedEx, etc - they charge brokerage fees starting at $40 (plus tax on the brokerage fee). If you buy something worth $20 CDN, they charge you the sales tax of $3.00 (using Nova Scotia's 15% as an example). Then they charge you a $40 fee for collecting that $3. Plus you're taxed on that $40, to the tune of $6. Your $20 item has become a $69 item. Yay Canada!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i got one made at my local metal shop, it sounds good, it was 40 bucks and our metal shop is very much a rip off, i also have a ehs fuel controller

·
Registered
142 Posts
I only live about a 15 min drive from the boarder so i dont have to ship stuff into canada i go over and get it. Where i cross is a small crossing and they get to know who you are and they never bother to charge me on anything under 50 bucks. Cost them more to do the paper work then they get out of me.

·
Super Moderator
1,227 Posts
That's usually how things go until you get that new inspector that wants to impress his or her boss. Then they will go through everything with a fine tooth comb and check everything out.

I found that out a few years ago when I went up to British Colombia bear hunting. The guy that did my firearm and truck inspection looked into places that I didn't even know that I had on my truck. When I told my story to my guide he just laughed and said that I must of gotten one of the nebees.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is what I did to my Big Bear and soon as the warenty expires will do it to the 700 Kodiak.

remove tip and change it to 1.5" outlet (a little bit of cutting and welding) had to modify spark arrest .Then I have a long drill bit that is same length as muffler. (approx. size of pencil) while tip is off drilled 6 - 8 holes the length of the muffler, thru all the baffles. It worked out very good and didn't get too loud.

I haven't even taken the tip off the 700 yet but think it very similar setup inside.
so my exhaust mod is very cheap but will have to purchase the fuel controller first as its already too lean.

·
Registered
51 Posts
2r tip sounds good and loud. It will give you the desired effect you want without the expense of a new slip on. I personally have noticed no issues with the way my motor runs after installing the 2r tip. I'm the type of person that likes to hear the motor he paid for and their tip does that. Paid 60$ on their website for black. Use discount code WEB5 for 5% discount.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts