Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so you know my 2016 Kodiak 700 Hunter Green Utility Quad did not come with the Heavy duty hitch that takes the 2" receiver. If you are adding it you need to also buy 2 shorter bolts to replace the long ones that held the cast iron one in place. The steel heavy duty hitch is steel and thinner the one your replacing is thick cast iron. You cannot really see what is going on down there once your mounting the two lower bolts on the steel hitch and the longer bolts will actually bottom out and not tigjhten against the new hitch. The result is the stress on the top two will snap one of the top ones and you will have to have it removed. The salesman put mine on and did not realize it. So in effect I had been pulling things around for 3 years not knowing only two bolts were doing the job of 4 and I snapped the head off one of the bolts. I have had no issues since but you might want to periodically check tightness

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought the 2" receiver (online) and put it on 3 years ago. It seemed good then. I've only used it once. I'll have to check it to see if I installed it right.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts