Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 700 Kodiak likes to engage the 4x4 even before I push the red button in, it will quit but sometimes takes about 5 minutes for it to go back and forth, diff. lock doesn't do this, it only comes on when I engage it and then the 4x4 acts right too... It does this as soon as I turn on my key... And my battery used to go down, But after I started shutting both switches off it stays up, such weird things they do.. Thanks for any advice in advance !!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just guessing this is a problem with the red button, maybe wet? Maybe dirty, or just bad. How old is this machine, and is this a new problem today or for a while?

·
Registered
530 Posts
There is a TSB on this type of a problem.

Check out this link

https://www.501parts.com/yamaha-4wd-push-button-switch-technical-bulletin/

JimP is right. I had the same issue on my 2017 and Yamaha replaced it for nothing. It’s not a cheap switch assembly. That’s all they do is put on a new 4x4 switch assembly

JimP is right. I had the same issue on my 2017 and Yamaha replaced it for nothing. It’s not a cheap switch assembly. That’s all they do is put on a new 4x4 switch assembly.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, what the two posters above said. It's a known issue and you can see the service bulletin through our link above. We have found from customers that some dealers will take care of you and some won't as far as giving you a new switch. Call around, give them your VIN and see what they say, you may get lucky.

If not, lots of people have had good luck cleaning the contacts in the switch like in our video here. Video-Cleaning and Repairing the Yamaha 4x4 Switch

If you have to buy that particular switch you are looking at $90 shipped.

·
Registered
73 Posts
2017 and it just starting doing it not wet or dirty so definitely must be the recall
Yep it definitely could be. Check out the link on our site posted above and call your dealer up. Mention your switch is actuating on and off by itself. Maybe they'll hook you up with a new one. The new versions have stiffer springs in them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts