Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
‘21 700 Raceline wheels and 26s - ‘19 450 1.5” lift, 27s, Warn VRX, Monster CVs - ‘18 450 Stock
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I’m looking at putting a winch on one of the 450s. It will be under water once in awhile if that’s makes a difference in my decision. Is 2500 enough? I’m thinking of this one. What do you guys think? I know this has probably been discussed 5489 times but there isn’t a lot of new posts on here so I figured I’d make one geared more towards water riding. Thank you!
Font Material property Parallel Advertising Screenshot

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
429 Posts
Warn is a good option, but they aren’t the amazing quality that earned them their reputation. Alternative brands would be KFI and SuperWinch. And then there will be another 3-4, all of which are great. But these 2 always seem to be favorites among people that abuse them.

·
Registered
‘21 700 Raceline wheels and 26s - ‘19 450 1.5” lift, 27s, Warn VRX, Monster CVs - ‘18 450 Stock
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warn is a good option, but they aren’t the amazing quality that earned them their reputation. Alternative brands would be KFI and SuperWinch. And then there will be another 3-4, all of which are great. But these 2 always seem to be favorites among people that abuse them.
Good to know! Thank you!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I ordered that Warn. After reading up some i see that you are spot on. However, this one was the only one to flaunt it’s waterproof feature (5 ft under for a half hour). So I went with it. I figured the Warn name would bring a premium but it’s not too much more really. I went with the 2500# and reg steel cable so it was reasonable.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It made its first successful rescue last night. My neighbor and I went down to the river overflow to see how deep it was. He hit a rut and got stuck. What a great investment. Had I not had it we would been wading in smelly stagnant river water lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts