Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last summer my night rides were annoying with the light coming from my 3rd light in the instrument pod in my EYES as I rode. After the trip I took the pod and shroud apart and simply removed the light while I thought of something else... this is what I came up with. I've removed some of the instrument shroud and cut the headlamp in half. my EJK programmer is in this cluster on the back of the instrument pod. and with the headlight cut in half I've installed some amber LED highlights and put this nice decal on...For night riding I've mounted two 7 inch LED light bars on my front rack controlled by the high beam signal. lets see any modifications you may have done with your lighting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, that's a neat-looking mod! I came here to make an inquiry about how to wire my LED light bar, and you might be able to help since your solution was similar to what I'm trying to do.

Hi all... I just purchased a 2020 Kodiak 700 EPS, it has the two bumper lights and then the headlight on the steering column that comes on with the high beam. Since I installed a front cargo box the center headlight is useless, so I want to disable it and have the 12" LED light bar I purchase come in with high beams instead.

Would you have some advice or a wiring diagram on how I should wire this up so that my single 12" bar is activated by the factory high beam switch (along with the bumper lights)?

Grateful in advance for any assistance!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intrepid
Sorry I did not see this sooner. with a light relay installed under the front rack and cover panel I used the switch leg for the relay and tied into the hot wire to the third light... also there is a lot of room in the pod once you remove the headlight assy. I then cut my headlight in half so I could put LED accent light in the light reflector area and put that decal on the front.
sorry I don't remember wire colors exactly. but use a volt meter to see which wire gets hot on the wires to the light bulb for that 3rd eye … piece of cake :smile2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts