Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put some Maxxis Zilla's 28x10x12 on my kodiak. I know im gonna need a lift and some clutching. I am gonna get the lift from highlifter and the clutch kit from EPI. but will i need spacers as well or will they not fit at all. advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i got the high lifter 2" lift and 28" mud light XL's and i think i have room for 30"'s now that i look at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks awesome. Glad someone else is doing the same thing. Did you have to do clutch work? How about the axles are they holding up well?

·
Registered
308 Posts
That point about axles has me wondering if bigger wheels like this affect other components. Heard this being the case with cars and can't imagine it being much different for ATV's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know guys here in Florida that put large tires on their bike and were breaking axles left and right. They had really heavy tire though like around 40+lbs and the are really rough on them.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i know guys here in Florida that put large tires on their bike and were breaking axles left and right. They had really heavy tire though like around 40+lbs and the are really rough on them.
Just what I thought, most of them I seen with big wheels were mainly only for show and minor local riding, styled along the lines of a "donk"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im not out to beat mine up i just want to trail ride and if i come up to a mud hole, I know im gonna make it across.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so here is an update on the project. I have been busy with so much other stuff i haven't had a chance to work on the 700. Also my lift from highlifter was on back order but its OK i received it yesterday. This weekend i will try to get everything put together and take some photos for all to see. Stay tuned in for more.......lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I screwed up real bad!!!!!!!! Its my first time working on a the secondary sheave. Well i cracked both sliding and fixed sheaves :(( Way to much money later and i will be back mid month.

·
Registered
83 Posts
pics of mine

28x10x14 all way around

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
are you running stock clutch?
no, grizzly 18 gram weights and 1.5mm of shim, going to do purple secondary spring and get sheeve milled one day.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I haven't noticed anything, still rides like new. i wish i'd got 30's and maybe a 12 wide on the back. not sure how much i can detect visually, i can raise it up and see if any slack in the bearings i suppose. solid piece of machinery i think, my only complaint is the backfiring, was reading a post about a ejk optimizer or something, says no backfiring.. pretty much sells it to me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts