Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have no experience with those particular tires but I do have 27's on my machine. 27x11x12 maxxis zillas on rear and 27x9x12 on front. No rubbing or scraping and quite a bit of room to spare.

·
Super Moderator
665 Posts
When you put on your larger tires did you notice any shaking up front?
i'm having that issue right now . put on 26" tires similar to bear claw htr pattern.

my fronts shake bad at 53kph+ by 70 i have to let off.

tried counteract balance beads at the recomended 2oz per 26x9-12. didn't help at all.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Will these fit on stock rims and not rub on bike without lift kit or spacers. If so what rims and offset are recommended.
I'm guessing you want to run the same size tires at all four corners?
If so they will fit your stock rims without issues, but the tire profile will be different because your front rims are skinnier then your rears. 6" vs 7.5"...
Best to get 4 aftermarket rims as to maintain the same profile and you can then have the added bonus of doing regular tire rotations. Thus getting the max thread life out of all four tires.

·
Super Moderator
665 Posts
I'm guessing you want to run the same size tires at all four corners?
If so they will fit your stock rims without issues, but the tire profile will be different because your front rims are skinnier then your rears. 6" vs 7.5"...
Best to get 4 aftermarket rims as to maintain the same profile and you can then have the added bonus of doing regular tire rotations. Thus getting the max thread life out of all four tires.
it's tread life, not thread....tires, not sewing. sorry this is just a pet peeve of mine .

·
Super Moderator
665 Posts
:rolleyes::rolleyes:Well it looks like the grammar police have shown up lol.
lol its not a grammar issue, its just saying a word wrong. lol
kinda like people saying a cement floor is hard....cement is powder, an ingredient in concrete....

yeah, i can be a pain in the arse..... but i'll be the first to admit, i make mitsakes too. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts