Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owner of a 2016 Eps Se making my first post. Wanted to share some pics with the new 27" Zilla tires with hm18 studs from maxigrip. Unfortunately being new I'm not allowed to post pictures or links. Studded Zillas works great when plowing if there's ice under the snow. I red somewhere that it wasn't possible to put studs in Zillas but for me it has worked great! I have used it to push snow in northern Sweden all winter. I used chains before but didn't like it...

Now it's springtime and I'm thinking about what to use in the summer (with pull behind rotary mower), anybody got suggestion on tires that are easy on the lawn? I'm planning to replace the stock tires on the original rims with Kenda K572 25" or ITP All Trail 25" or other suggestions?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm really scratching my head trying to figure out how you managed to stud a zilla , I have 27's on mine as well. Plowed all winter with no chains or studs and had no issues.in fact, they were awesome. As for a turf friendly tire, Carlisle has a few options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really scratching my head trying to figure out how you managed to stud a zilla , I have 27's on mine as well. Plowed all winter with no chains or studs and had no issues.in fact, they were awesome. As for a turf friendly tire, Carlisle has a few options.
I put some pictures in my "garage". The studs are relatively small diameter with carbide tip and they made huge difference when there's ice under the snow. In such conditions, especially with the blade at an angle, it will be a challenge to plow. We had rain in January turning the yard into an ice skating rink, followed by cold weather and plenty of snow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like your winch on the back looks good. I put one on the back of mine too. I've got to get some pictures up of mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a separate extra hitch with a plate on top that you mount on top of the original hitch, see new pictures in garage. Easy to move the winch to the high position on the rear rack when needed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used the universal mounting plate that comes with the KFI winch and welded it right to the rear receiver hitch that bolts to the frame. I can still use the receiver and the winch is out of the way.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Another question while I'm on a roll lol. Are you using a second contactor( solenoid) or running both winches off of one? Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used 2 separate contactors, they come with the winch. It would take a lot of wiring to use the same contactor for both winches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts